Durham, NC 27709
Salary: $66,000.00 to $76,000.00 /year
Scientist/Engineer II-III, Assay Development
Baebies, Inc. is an early stage in-vitro diagnostic company addressing unmet needs in infant healthcare. Baebies has developed two in-vitro diagnostic test platforms – Seeker and Finder – based on the digital microfluidics technology. The SEEKER is a high throughput test platform for newborn screening and the FINDER is a sample-to-answer test platform for near-patient use.
We are seeking an Assay Development Scientist/Engineer to join the R&D team at Baebies. The candidate reports to the Director of Technology Development and will provide assay development expertise to add new tests to Baebies’ product platforms. The candidate will be expected to work under dynamic environments, often accompanied by strong time constraints. Personality traits most predictive of success in this role include unbridled scientific curiosity, deep-seated passion for solving problems and an enjoyment for learning.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop new molecular diagnostic assays (PCR/RT-PCR), clinical chemistry assays (enzyme, substrate and general chemistry) and immunoassays on the digital microfluidic platform.
- Optimize assay design and reagent formulations using DOE tools to achieve desired levels of performance and stability
- Characterize assay performance across various analytical performance metrics including precision, specificity and sensitivity.
- Derive solutions for technical challenges imposed by system constraints
- Analyze experimental results and provide written protocols, reports and oral presentations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS with 4+ years of relevant industry experience or MS/PhD with 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Preferred degrees are in Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry or similar fields
- Candidates will be required to perform a 30min lab-based problem solving exercise as part of interview process.