This 12-minute presentation titled “Rapid RT-PCR Testing for SARS-CoV-2 through the use of Digital Microfluidics” was given by Vamsee Pamula, Co-Founder & President of Baebies, in an online forum hosted by Medical Lab Observer (MLO).
What to expect:
- Introduction to Baebies mission, company history, and core technology
- How digital microfluidics (DMF) enables ultra-rapid thermocycling for PCR (at 2:42)
- Meet Baebies’ SEEKER – 10 million tests shipped to date! (at 3:47)
- Why maximizing diagnostic yield is important for newborns (at 4:56)
- Meet Baebies’ FINDER – multifunctional diagnostics platform (at 6:13)
- Video of DMF cartridge protocol for rapid RT-PCR testing (at 8:26)
- Performance characteristics for FINDER SARS-CoV-2 Test on FINDER 1.5* (at 9:36)
- Robust development pipeline – molecular, chemistry, immunoassay, hematology (at 10:38)
*FINDER SARS-CoV-2 Test and the FINDER 1.5 Instrument are now available for sale in the U.S. – both of which have been validated but FDA’s independent review of this validation is pending.