Durham, NC 27709
Salary: $66,000.00 to $76,000.00 /year
Supply Chain Manager
Baebies Inc. (www.baebies.com) is a well-funded growth-stage company that develops and commercializes products for testing in the newborn screening and pediatric diagnostic markets. The company’s existing FDA-cleared SEEKER product is sought by US public health labs, where the majority of biochemical newborn screening occurs. The company has shipped over 7 million SEEKER tests to date. Baebies second diagnostic platform, FINDER, is 510(k) pending and is poised for explosive growth in the near term.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing purchasing, shipping/receiving, inventory control and supply chain management. As the company’s operations grow the Supply Chain Manager will drive supplier management for the organization and ensure consistent quality and reliability of supply per the processes and procedures outlined in the Baebies Quality System.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in the factory.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; Negotiates prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Participates as an advisor on product development team, providing information and guidance on availability and cost of supplies and materials.
- Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Insure that processes meet FDA quality system requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ERP system
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Ability to adapt in a fast growing and dynamic company
- High integrity, insightful, passionate and industrious
- Understanding of FDA quality system requirements
Education and Experience Required
- BS degree in Business Administration or BS in industrial, mechanical or electrical engineering or related discipline
- 1+ year of experience in a supervisory role
- 3+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ year of supply chain management experience
- Biotech, medical device or medical instrumentation experience desired