Durham, NC 27709
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
Baebies has a mission to save lives and make lives better for millions of children by bringing new technologies, new tests, and new hope to parents and healthcare professionals worldwide.
This position comprises hands-on software design, implementation, and verification of medical device software and infrastructure across multiple software technologies. The successful candidate will become an instrumental part of a small team of software engineers who create and support products used by medical and lab professionals to improve the lives of newborn babies. This role reports to the Associate Director of Software Engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Quickly learn relevant knowledge and skills specific to medical device software development.
- Proactively discover, understand, and prioritize software requirements from both internal and external customers.
- Add features and fix bugs by writing testable code in the style of existing code bases.
- Enhance software reliability through test automation.
- Deliver documents required by quality system and software development lifecycle process.
- Research technology trade-offs and provide inputs to the software roadmap.
- Setup development servers and other infrastructure related to software development and product support.
- Infrequent travel for product support and training.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Excellent communication skills.
- Technical proficiency in C and C++.
- Able to contribute to projects that span multiple platforms and/or programming languages.
- Able to quickly organize and understand complex software systems.
Education and Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science.
- 5 years of experience as a professional software developer.
Additional Relevant Skills
- HL7 Integration.
- Linux CLI tools and development environments.
- Experience with software development integrated with custom hardware.
- Software development for the Android platform.
- Configuration management, source control, and issue tracking tools.
- Database design.
Optional: Include code samples, link to portfolio or any other relevant information in your application.