We are partnering with advocacy groups to advance newborn screening and offer additional newborn screening from our CLIA-certified laboratory. The additional newborn screening is ideal for families that are looking to screen for more conditions beyond the standard public health newborn screening programs. This newborn screening service for families is called Eli.
Next Generation Newborn Health Screening with Eli
Newborn screening with Eli is:
1) Order online. 2) Your baby’s healthcare provider collects samples. 3) Ship samples to our lab and receive results quickly.
An estimated 1 in 150 babies will be affected by a condition Eli screens for. Early detection from newborn screening is critical for the ability to intervene and provide better health outcomes.
Eli partners with Genome Medical – a team of genetic counselors. Eli is offered by Baebies, a company of newborn screening industry experts, who have provided over 4 million tests.
Eli screens for 32 treatable conditions:
- Congenital Cytomegalovirus (cCMV)
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
- Fabry Disease
- Gaucher Disease
- MPS II (Hunter Syndrome)
- MPS I (Hurler-Scheie Syndrome)
- Pompe Disease
- ASAH1-related disorders
- Cerebral Creatine Deficiency Syndrome 2
- Cerebrotendinous Xanthomatosis (CTX)
- Congenital Hearing Loss (Cx26)
- Copper Transport Disorders:
- Menkes, Occipital Horn Syndrome, etc.
- Wilson Disease
- Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase
- Hereditary Fructose Intolerance
- Hypophosphatasia (HPP)
- Krabbe Disease
- Lysinuric Protein Intolerance
- Lysosomal Acid Lipase Deficiency (LAL-D)
- Metachromatic Leukodystrophy
- MPS IIIA (Sanfilippo A Syndrome)
- MPS IIIB (Sanfilippo B Syndrome)
- MPS VI (Maroteaux-Lamy Syndrome)
- MPS VII (Sly Syndrome)
- Neuronal Ceroid-Lipofuscinoses
- Niemann-Pick Disease Type A and Type B
- Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
- Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome