Morrisville, NC 27560
Scientist I / II
Baebies Inc. is focused on developing innovative products and services to provide a healthy start for children everywhere. We are seeking a scientist to support assay development efforts in the R&D team, reporting to the Director of Technology Development. The scientist will provide hands-on support and intellectual input to advance assays through various R&D phases. Successful candidates must be highly motivated, adaptable and able to multitask on multiple projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Optimize assay design and reagent formulations to achieve desired levels of performance and stability
- Adopt and modify predicate assays for use on microfluidic or other platforms
- Characterize assay performance across various analytical metrics including reproducibility, specificity, sensitivity, linearity
- Develop methods to generate and QC reagents
- Derive solutions for technical challenges and troubleshoot issues failures associated with platform migration
- Ability to clearly communicate (through public presentation and written documentation) results and project plants
- Contribute to technical aspects of peer-reviewed manuscripts, conference posters, and intellectual property filings
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS, Masters or PhD degree in a relevant field. Placement into Scientist I or II roles are dependent on prior experience (if any) and degree attained.
- Strong understanding of PCR, enzyme kinetics, immuno and biochemical assays.
- May be required to perform basic 30min wet-lab experiment as part of the interview process.
- Preferred: Prior experience in reagent desiccation/lyophilization or PCR assay development