Durham, NC 27709
Baebies, Inc. is an early stage company addressing unmet needs in infant healthcare. We are always looking to bring on board people with the following traits: curiosity driven, embraces rapid change, always tinkering to improve status quo, highly innovative, and committed to our mission of improving infant healthcare.
We are seeking a scientist to support assay development efforts in the Research and Development team. The candidate will work under the supervision of the Director of Advanced Technologies and provide hands-on support and provide intellectual input to advance assays through the product development pipeline. This will be a post-doctoral position with an option to extend to full employment after 1 year. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, adaptable and able to multitask on multiple projects. We are always looking to bring on board people with the following traits: curiosity driven, embraces rapid change, always tinkering to improve status quo, highly innovative, and committed to our mission of improving infant healthcare.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Adopt and modify predicate assays for use on microfluidic or other nontraditional platforms
- Designing and implementing experimental plans to execute progress for funded projects and contracts
- Optimize assay design and reagent formulations using DOE tools to achieve desired levels of performance and stability
- Characterize assay performance across various analytical metrics including reproducibility, specificity, sensitivity, linearity, limit of detection, mechanisms of interference, and other analytical parameters.
- Derive solutions for technical challenges imposed by system constraints
- Troubleshoot failures associated with platform migration
- Establish critical characteristics for assays
- Ability to clearly communicate (through public presentation and written documentation) results and project plants
- Contribute to technical aspects of peer-reviewed manuscripts, conference posters, and intellectual property filings
Qualifications and Requirements
- PhD in biological sciences, at least 1 year of post-doctoral experience preferred
- Strong understanding of biochemical concepts such as enzyme kinetics, immunoassays and biochemical assays
- Familiarity with CLSI guidelines, cGMP, FDA requirements preferred
- Experience with tools such as FMEA, DOE, root cause analysis
- Strong desire to be a part of a high velocity and innovative environment
To apply, please send an email with the posting ID in the subject line. Please do not stop by our office or call to inquire about this position. You will be contacted by phone or email if the hiring managers wishes to set up an interview. Thank you.