Market Development Internship
Part-time position, paid
August – December 2019 (with extension possible)
Baebies is an innovative company focused on improving pediatric healthcare across the globe. Developing and commercializing innovative products and services in newborn screening and pediatric diagnostics, Baebies is driven by the notion that everyone deserves a healthy start. We are bringing new technologies and new tests to children everywhere.
Baebies was founded in 2014 following the successful development of digital microfluidics technology, the development and launch of multiple products, and the eventual sale of Advanced Liquid Logic to Illumina, Inc. Baebies licensed its core technology from Illumina, acquired product and manufacturing assets, and built a seasoned management and technical team to pursue opportunities in newborn screening and pediatric diagnostics. Today, Baebies has raised $32M across 2 rounds of financing with close to 90 employees. In 2017, the company received FDA clearance on its first product SEEKER, a high-throughput laboratory newborn screening platform, and has shipped more than 5 million tests covering about a 1/3 of the market.
Baebies is currently developing FINDER, a near-patient newborn and pediatric testing platform that uses one drop of blood to rapidly perform multiple time critical tests. Development of FINDER is near completion with plans for regulatory approval early next year. This marketing internship will contribute to the preparation and execution of commercial launch activities in hospital laboratories and NICU’s for FINDER.
Working with Marketing Director and Senior Director of Point-of-Care Products to provide strategic development recommendations and tactical execution of key market development initiatives to create awareness on the benefits of FINDER and preparation for the introduction of instrument to marketplace.
- Responsible for supporting and executing market development initiatives leading to revenue growth.
- Support management of key opinion leader network to support publication strategy and execute on speaker opportunities.
- Establish thought leader network for conveying clinical education & tools
- Help manage relationships with relevant societies and organizations that will enhance understanding of the healthcare environment and establish partnerships to drive key initiatives
- Develop tools to support decision makers on the recognition of the benefits of FINDER
- Assist in reimbursement and private payer strategies
- Performs research and literature searches to support value proposition creation, claims and messaging
- In collaboration with manager, develop and maintain marketing budget
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
Education / Experience Requirements
- Four (4) year university degree required, current candidate or recent graduate with MBA
- Health care industry experience, diagnostic / device preferred
- Familiarity with marketing and launch plans for US markets
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Strong project planning/management, organizational and follow-up skills as well as an ability to contribute creative yet practical solutions to problems, required
- Have training and experience in curriculum organization and development, planning and implementing professional development activities and speaking to clinical research
- Ability to analyze clinical data and scientific publications, identifying and effectively communicating relevant key takeaways
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a high velocity environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “Market Development Internship POS 10091”.
Return to Careers page.